Effective 1st April 2018
MERCURIOUS Digital (MERCURIOUS, we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (the Act) when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This policy sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act, see www.privacy.org.nz.
Changes To This Policy
We may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy as stated above.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information from you, or via third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available. The following personal information may be collected:
- contact information
- interactions with us
- billing or purchase information
How We Use Your Personal Information
We collect your personal information in order to:
- response to your enquiries and communications from you, including a complaint
- keep your services up to date
- market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (e.g. by text or email for this purpose)
- improve the services and products that we provide to you
- bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- for any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Providing some information is optional. If you choose not to enter their details, we’ll be unable to provide the services.
We keep your information safe by transmitting it over SSL-certified domain names and storing it in encrypted files, and only allowing authorised employees to access it.
We keep your information for two years from the last interaction or date of the last billing, at which point we securely destroy it by securely deleting it from all of our systems.
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. You can also do this yourself from your portal.
If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com.